Remove Cigarette Smell From House
When smoked, traditional tobacco cigarettes give off gases and particles that mingle in the air and intertwine with other substances. Because the substances embed deeply in the smoker’s skin, hair and other particles, both on and below surfaces, the cigarette smell lingers long after the smoke is over. Efforts to remove cigarette odor are difficult because the substances are not merely on the surface but are embedded in the fibers of the individual’s materials and surroundings and in the individual’s skin and hair. After cleaning the home, the smoker may inadvertently redeposit smoke residue from their skin onto the cleaned surfaces of the home and hence retain the annoying smoker’s home smell.
Call (301) 275-5640 Odor Removal Service!
Tobacco Odor Removal
Tobacco smoke creates an odor that is notorious for its ability to saturate living spaces and persist long after its source is gone. Inspectors may be asked by clients who recently purchased a smoke-infused home, or by sellers before their house goes on the market, about how to remedy the situation.Tobacco smoke odor can be difficult to remove
Facts About Tobacco Smoke and its Residue
Smoke particles can be as small as .001% of the width of a human hair, which allows them to penetrate almost any part of a house. Tobacco smoke can easily circulate through a building’s ventilation system or come up through apartment floors. Tenant/tenant and tenant/landlord disputes commonly arise when smoke odors penetrate adjacent housing units.
It is not clear whether tobacco smoke odor is dangerous or if it is merely a nuisance. While tobacco smoke is a known carcinogen, little is known about the health effects of the particles that are left in the air after you can no longer see the smoke. The American Cancer Society states of cigarette odors, “Though unknown, the cancer-causing effects would likely be very small compared with direct secondhand smoke exposure, such as living in a household that has a smoker.”
Removal Strategy for Severe Cigarette Odor / Follow this list:
1. Open all windows and turn on fans. Ventilation is probably the best way to remove any odor.
2. Clean light bulbs. Just as some scent-diffusers rely on heat from light bulbs to disperse the aroma of the scented oil, it’s possible that the oily residue from nicotine and other cigarette byproducts is dispersed throughout the living area the same way. Anecdotal reports suggest that light bulbs attract smoke residue. It has also been claimed that bulbs will release smoke odors when they are turned on. Perhaps replacing incandescent bulbs with higher-efficiency bulbs that do not get as hot would help alleviate this problem.
3. Thoroughly clean all hard surfaces, preferably with cleaners that contain ammonia, although woodwork requires cleaners that are not as acidic.Clean inside windows.
4. Surfaces may be painted to trap odor, although it may be possible for odors to gradually seep through paint barriers.
5. Remove carpeting, as it is nearly impossible to remove smoke particles from carpet. Thoroughly scrub the flooring beneath before installing new carpet. If the carpet cannot be replaced, have it professionally cleaned.
6. Soak blinds in a bathtub full of all-purpose cleaner, scrub them thoroughly, and hang them to dry.
7. Send curtains out to be professionally cleaned or replace them.
8. Purchase a chemical sponge to remove smoke residue from lampshades, books and other materials.
9. Replace all heating and air filters, as they tend to harbor cigarette odors and other irritants.
10. Use ozone professional generators (min 1000mg/h for 100 sq ft for 48 hour shock treatment) or Call Our Odor Removal Service – (301) 275-5640. Ozone, as it has three oxygen atoms, is highly unstable and will oxidize easily. When it is introduced into an area, ozone attaches itself to the odor molecules and oxidizes them into their basic elements–carbon dioxide and hydrogen, which have no odor. Beware that ozone is dangerous and ozone generators should only be used in unoccupied spaces.
11. If smoke/ cigarette smell is very bad – Paint all ceilings after ozone treatment.
We are serving Maryland, Virgina, Washington DC, Baltimore and surrounding areas.
CE Odor Removal MD VA DC is serving following areas:
Maryland: Baltimore, Annapolis, Columbia, Silver Spring, Dundalk, Wheaton, Ellicott City, Germantown, Bethesda, Frederick, Gaithersburg etc.
Virginia: Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Manassas etc.